DLSMHSI opens its Learning Commons
April 29, 2019 | 2:26 pm
The Learning Commons is the newest space in the campus, which supports different learning experiences. President/Chancellor Br. Gus Boquer FSC, Vice Chancellor for Academics Dr. Juanito O. Cabanias, Library Director Mr. Efren M. Torres, Jr., administrators, deans, faculty members, Academic Service Faculty, Non-teaching Personnel, and students graced the opening on April 10, 2019. The blessing of the Ground, Fifth and Sixth Floors of the Library was also held earlier on the same day. It was officiated by the Institutional Chaplain Rev. Fr. Joseph Aloysius M. Cosina.
Designed to be functional, flexible and inclusive, the Learning Commons is a venue where space and technology come together to support independent and collaborative learning. It has three (3) Learning Cubes, which suit group discussion and interaction. It is located at the Ground Floor of the Library and is open Mondays to Fridays, 7:00am to 10:00pm and Saturdays, 8:00am to 5:00pm. It extends its hours until 12mn during examination days.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academics, Office of the Library Director, Technical Services, and the Staff Lounge are also located on the same floor. The Fifth Floor houses eight (8) new classrooms while the Sixth Floor is home to Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Gallery and several classrooms.
Faculty and Student achievements and activities
College of Medicine
- CM Dean Madeleine Grace M. Sosa, MD, FPPS, FPNA, FCNSP, MSCE attended the World Federation for Medical Education World Conference with the theme “Quality Assurance in Medical Education in the 21st Century” on April 7-10, 2019 at the Grand Walkerhill Seoul, Seoul, Korea, together with four (4) 3rd Year medical students, namely Ms. Hanna Mae S. Ramos, Mr. Joeffrey S. Mambucon, Ms. Zerez Lei P. Mercado, and Mr. John Carlos C. Sioson who presented their research paper titled Anxiety Level of First Year Medical Students of DLSMHSI and Mentor-mentee Program in Varied Frequency of Meetings: A Comparative Study. They won Best Paper Award.
- Several CM faculty members also presented their researches on the same conference, as follows:
- Anxiety Level of First Year Medical Students of DLSMHSI and Mentor-mentee Program in Varied Frequency of Meetings: A Comparative Study by Madeleine Grace M. Sosa, Hannah Mae S. Ramos, Joeffrey S. Mambucon, Carla Mae M. Mendoza, Zerez Lei P. Mercado, Leah Mae S. Pascual, Maureen T. Quinto, Kristian Kolen L. Orleans, John Carlos C. Sioson, Daniel Carlo P. Wong
- Quality Assurance of Philippine Medical Schools: Setting Standards in Basic Medical Education by Aurora Bauzon, Ramon Arcadio, Liberato Dela Rosa, Dina Gonzales (DLSMHSI), Isidro Sia, John Domantay, Reynaldo Olazo
- Level of Acceptance of DLSHSI Faculty in Simulation As a Teaching Learning Strategy by Alex P. Bello, Madeleine Grace M. Sosa
- icPEdS as an Alternative Learning Platform for Pediatricians in Southern Tagalog by Crisphin Casubha
- Basic Delivery Skills Training and the Teaching Performance of Pediatric Residents by Karen Grace Santos
College of Nursing
- CN Dean Restituta C. Tan, PhD, RM, RN, RGCvisited Houston Group Health Facility in Miyakonojo, Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan on March 17-20, 2019.
College of Pharmacy
- Mr. Louie Fernand D. Legaspi, MHSS, RPh received a scholarship grant for Pharmacotherapy for Infectious Diseases Training Program from University of the Philippines Manila on May 10-August 10, 2019.
- CP students from Section 1-3 led by Mr. Clodualdo F. Narciso III won First Place in the First Pharex-ACC Video-Making Competition during the 2nd Patient Safety Congress with the theme Making Patient Safety Work! Translating Theory into Practice on March 28-29, 2019 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Manila.
College of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Ms. Jeanelle Louise S. Dumalag, MSPT, PTRP, CWAT received the Best Poster Award for her research Effects of action observation training in gait speed of stroke patients presented during the 13th World Congress on Controversies in Neurology on April 4-7, 2019 at Madrid Marriot Auditorium Hotel and Conference Center, Madrid, Spain.
Special Health Sciences Senior High School
- Forty-one (41) Grade 12 students passed UPCAT 2019.
- Mr. Mar Anderson F. Princer was awarded the Youth Excellence in Science (YES), an award given by Department of Science and Technology to recognize the excellence of young Filipinos in international mathematics and science competitions. The awarding ceremony was held on March 22, 2019 at Baker Hall, University of the Philippines Los Banos.
Academics logo released
The new logo of the Academics was approved on April 12, 2019 during the Academics Operations Committee Meeting. The logo represents the thrusts of the Academics complemented by the values upheld by DLSMHSI.
Academics Non-Teaching Personnel attend seminar on stress management
The NTP Movers hosted a seminar on Stress Management on April 12, 2019 at the Lourdes E. Campos, MD Building and attended by Academics Non-teaching Personnel. Resource speaker Ms. Paul Anne Q. Forman, MAEd, RGC from the Guidance and Counselling Service Department discussed the signs of stress and shared practical ways on how to effectively manage it. The election of the new set of officers of NTP Movers followed the seminar.
This event was part of the staff development program of the Academics.
Recognition Ceremonies held for DLSMHSI students
DLSMHSI students were recognized for their exemplary academic performance in 2nd term AY 2017-2018 and 1st term AY 2018-2019 on March 14, 2019 during the 2nd Lasallian Academic Excellence Awards held at DLS Villarosa Convention Hall.
2nd term AY 2017-2018
University Honors – 51 awardees
College Honors – 70 awardees
1st term AY 2018-2019
University Honors – 347 awardees
College Honors – 435 awardees
RPAMDAFSC Library hosts Research Publication Workshop
The Research Writing and Publication Workshop was held on April 25, 2019 at the Learning Commons, Ground Floor of the Library. The workshop aimed to help members of the Academics to effectively disseminate their research outputs through publication. Mr. Nicholas Pak, Solutions Consultant from Elsevier Research Solutions, shared practical ways on how to write a great paper, get it published in a research journal and have it noticed. Forty-seven (47) Faculty Members and Academic Support Personnel attended the event.
HeALS reaches out to the community
The Health Assembly of Lasallian Scholars conducted an outreach program for the benefit of Upli Elementary School, Pansin Elementary School and Taywanak Elementary School in Alfonso, Cavite and Pantihan II Elementary School, Pulo ni Sara Elementary School, Bucal I Elementary School and San Miguel Elementary School in Maragondon, Cavite on April 26, 2019. Three hundred twenty-four (324) Kinder and four hundred thirty-five (435) Grade 1 pupils received a set of school supplies and school bags. The outreach program is an annual activity of HeALS in partnership with Forefront Book Co., Inc.
DLSMHSI College of Medical Laboratory Science is Top 2 performing medical laboratory school in the country
October 24, 2018 | 11:08 am
August 20, 2018 | 6:02 am
February 7, 2018 | 3:34 am