New and revised policies on Research engagements released
September 26, 2019 | 4:01 pm
New and revised policies regarding research involvement of Academic Teaching and Service Faculty (ATF and ASF) and students have been released to the Academics effective SY 2019-2020.
Guidelines on Authorship between Academic Teaching Faculty(ATF) / Academic Service Faculty(ASF) and Students
Research plays an important role in the learning experience of students, in the professional growth of Academic Teaching Faculty and Academic Service Faculty (ATF and ASF) and in the development of the medicine and allied health profession. Research productivity among students is encouraged within the curriculum through their submission of research outputs and theses. Recognition and incentive programs are put in place to motivate ATF and ASF to be actively engaged in research through ranking and promotion and financial reward. Collaboration among students and faculty members may be arranged to pursue inter-professional perspectives and expertise in research. This document aims to set the responsibilities and guidelines of ATF/ASF and students in joint authorship researches within the ethical and responsible bounds of good research practice in terms of authorship, presentation and publication.
Guidelines on Converting Thesis to Journal Articles
The highest level of disseminating research findings is to publish and make it known to the general public. Students and Academic Teaching Faculty and Academic Service Faculty (ATF and ASF) are encouraged to be involved in the research cycle from the development and implementation up to publication of the research. These guidelines shall help the students, ATF and ASF in converting the students’ theses into publication-ready articles so that they could easily submit their manuscripts should an opportunity to publish arise.
Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations on the Granting of Research Incentive to Academic Teaching Faculty and Academic Service Faculty Involved in Research Activities
The revised implementing rules and regulations provides incentive for Part-Time and Fixed-Term Academic Teaching Faculty (ATF) and Academic Service Faculty (ASF) who have published in Scopus-indexed journal. The Part-Time and Fixed-Term ATF and ASF must have a minimum rank of Associate Professor, Master Teacher for Senior High School and ASF 3-1 for Academic Service Faculty to qualify. ATF and ASF who are serving as co-authors of students’ papers may also be qualified in the incentive provided that they satisfy the minimum requirements, must have been a research adviser for the past two (2) years and must have completed at least one (1) institutionally-approved research for the past two (2) years.
- Minimum criteria in the granting of the incentive are as follows: Permanent ATF with minimum rank of Associate Professor / / Master Teacher / Permanent ASF with minimum rank of ASF 3-1; De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (DLSMHSI) as school of affiliation; One paper/entry qualifies for one award for the school year; Part-Time and Fixed-Term Faculty with minimum rank of Associate Professorial Lecturer / Master Teacher / ASF with minimum rank of ASF 3-1.
- Apart from the minimum criteria stated above, ATF/ASF who are serving as co-authors of students’ papers are required the following : must have been a research adviser for the past two (2) years and must have completed at least one (1) institutionally-approved research for the past two (2) years.
- In cases when there are more than 1 co-author affiliated with DLSMHSI and the primary author is not from DLSMHSI, the percentage of the basic salary of the first listed author affiliated with DLSMHSI shall be the basis for the computation of the financial incentive.
- Professional journals may include institutional, society and university research journals but not classified as predatory. ATF and ASF are advised to refrain from predatory publishers as they shall be disqualified for any research incentive. A journal maybe considered predatory if they are listed under the Beall’s List of Predatory Journals and Publishers.
- The research incentive to be given to qualified ATF and ASF shall all be taken from the approved and available research budget of the Academics.
July 27, 2019 | 8:52 am
DLSMHSI College of Medical Laboratory Science is Top 2 performing medical laboratory school in the country
October 24, 2018 | 11:08 am