The Office of the Library Director oversees the administrative, operational, and fiscal matters of department. It guides the Library to develop its goals and achieve its targets in support of the thrust of the Academics.
- Location: 4th Floor
- Phone: Cavite line (6346) 481-8000, Manila line (632) 988-3100 Loc. 1456 (Director) and Loc 1452 (Administrative Assistant)
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two (2) units reporting to the Office of the Library Director that provides services for information discovery and access, client relations, user education, marketing and communication, and public programs and outreach.
The Collections Development and Access Unit handles all aspects related to the daily functions of all sections of the Library. This involves the process management, policy implementation, delivery of the technical services and circulation and reference services, and management of staff schedule. There are two (2) sub-units under it: the Technical Services which handles the selection and organization of resources and the Readers Services which provides frontline support to users.
It offers the following services:
- Access – this involves assisting users to discover and use the information they need for learning, teaching, and research.
- Reference and Referral – this caters to users who need specialized support to answer specific queries or concerns (in-person or by phone) and users who need to visit other libraries and institutions for research.
- Document Delivery – this service is provided to users to assist them in obtaining information resources from other libraries through remote means such as e-mail or courier service.
- Documentation – bibliographies and lists are provided to users upon request. The Library provides comprehensive lists of materials available in the collection on different subject areas upon request of faculty members. Requests for bibliographies needed for projects funded by outside agencies for accreditation and instructional purposes may also be accepted.
The Academic Resources and Creative Activities Unit handles the development, implementation, management, and assessment of academic resources (such as institutional repository and archives), user education, creative initiatives, and the electronic services of the Library. It is composed of the User Education and Special Projects, the Electronic Resources Services, and the Audio-Visual Services.
It offers the following services:
- User education – this involves helping users to find, access, evaluate, and manage information effectively through the use of technology. This includes orientations, trainings, information literacy sessions, and tours as well as remote reference through email, chat, social media, and content management system.
- Marketing and current awareness the latest news about the Library’s collections, services, spaces, and programs are communicated to the users through traditional (newsletter, posters) and innovative means (email, website, social media, electronic display).
- Outreach – programs are planned and implemented for the benefit of the users and the public, such as surveys, exhibitions, activities, and community service.
- Printing – printing service is provided for the convenience of users at a minimal fee.
- Audio-visual-services – involves the installation, set-up, use, and maintenance of AV equipment used during academic activities