Computers are available to be used as a complement to the users’ learning, teaching and research needs.
- To maintain the section as a quiet study area, only one patron at a time may use each computer unit.
- All computers shall be shut down 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Patrons must first scan their USB or have a back up of their personal files before using the computers. Since these computers are considered as public terminals, the Library cannot guarantee that these computers shall not be subjected to infection in spite of having virus protection programs.
- The Library reserves the right to delete all files saved on the computers to prevent unauthorized disclosure, use and dissemination of any personal information stored in the files through regular file clean-up. The Library strongly urges patrons to save files to a USB key or a web-based storage site. The Library shall not be responsible for recovering files saved in the computers.
- Users must be responsible in managing the security and privacy of their accounts. The Library shall not be held responsible for accounts left signed in in computers.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate a computer session that disrupts library services or that violates the library’s policies. Moreover, misuse of the library’s computer hardware and software may result in loss to internet and/or library privilege for the whole semester.
- This is an extension service of the Library and not an internet shop/laboratory. As such downloading of software programs, playing of games, chat messaging, and the like are prohibited.