De La Salle Health Sciences Institute welcomed administrators from the Ministry of Health of Bangladesh who were on campus for short-term courses on various subjects. Conducted by the Center for Continuing Professional Education in the Health Professions (CCPEHP), the courses include Medical Waste Management, Emergency Obstetrics Care, and Gender and Sensitivity. The courses ran from June 25 to July 7, 2014, which also included exposure tours in various hospital settings.
The following are the participants of the courses:
• Mohammad Huzur Ali – Senior Assistant, Planning Wing, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare;
• Dr. Yeasmin Jahan – Deputy Program Manager ECO, Hospital Clinic Section, DGHS;
• Dr. Ashrafi Ahmed – DPM Poisoning Management, Hospital Clinic Section, DGHS;
• Dr. Sharmina Siddique – Junior Consultant, Gynae, Dhaka Medical College Hospital;
• Dr. Ismat Ara Laizu – Junior Consultant, Gynae, Sachibaloy Clinic, Bangladesh Secretariat;
• Dr. Ayesha Afroz Chowdhury – Deputy Program Manager, Hospital Anatomy, Hospital Section, DGHS;
• Mohammad Ayubur Rahman Khan – Additional Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare;
• Dr. A K M Saiedur Rahman – Assistant Director (MBPC) & DPM (MWM), DGHS;
• Dr. Mohammad Nowshad Ali – Associate Professor Pediatric Surgery, RMC, Rajshahi ;
• Dr. Mohammad Jahangir Alam Sarker – Civil Surgeon, Lalmonirhat;
• Mr. Mohammad Nasir Udin – Deputy Program Manager, Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Dhaka;
• Mohammad Sirajul Hoque Talukder – Civil Surgeon, Lalmonirhat
• Dr. Muhammad Hafizur Rahman – Civil Surgeon, Jamalpur.