The Library has four (4) discussion rooms which have a capacity of eight (8) persons per room. Discussion rooms are located at the second and third floors of the Romeo P. Ariniego, MD Library building.
How to reserve a room
- Fill out a Library Facilities Form at the receiving desk of the Multimedia Section and present a valid DLSHSI ID.
- The key must be checked out by the person who made the reservation.
- Return the key to the receiving desk of the Multimedia Section when the time is up.
- Discussion rooms are available for reservation by bonafide members of the Institute (i.e. currently enrolled student, faculty member, staff) for academic purposes only.
- The rooms may accommodate small groups of users only. They cannot serve big groups, such as an entire class. In cases when a faculty member wishes to use a library space for class activities, he/she writes a request endorsed by the College Dean or Department Director. The request is subject to the approval of the Library Director.
- Only groups with a minimum of 4 members physically present at the specified reservation time shall be allowed to enter the room.
- While waiting for the room to become available, groups should refrain from loitering in the lobbies or creating unnecessary noise.
- A group is only allowed to reserve a room one at a time. A request for another session shall not be accepted if there is a standing request for the same date.
- Use of the rooms is limited to three (3) hours. The group may request for a two-hour extension if there is no standing reservation for the next hour.
- Reservation is held for 15 minutes only. If the group fails to show up within the grace period, the reservation is cancelled.
- Rooms are available by reservation from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. However, the rooms shall be open from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday to undergraduate students and faculty members on a first come, first serve basis.
- Groups should vacate the room and return the key 15 minutes before the end time of their use.
- Late return of key is subject to a fine of Php 20.00 per hour.
- Loss of key is subject to a fine of Php 500.00.
- Users of the room shall be held liable for damages and/or losses caused by negligent use of the facility.
- The Library reserves the right to decline usage to a user at any time.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the room, nor leave the room empty during your reserved period. If you are done, you can return the key to the assigned library staff. The library shall not be held responsible for any loss.
- Be considerate of other groups. Manage your noise.
- Clean as you go. Dispose your trash properly. Arrange tables and chairs back in place.
- Upon leaving, turn off the lights and air conditioner and lock the door.
- Do not bring the key outside the library.
- Failure to comply shall lead to cancellation of privileges to reserve a discussion room for the entire school year.