Current students and faculty members, with valid DLSHSI ID and with no outstanding accountabilities may check out laptops or tablets at the Multimedia Section of RPAMD Library Services. Currently, the library has five (5) Windows-based laptops, three (3) Samsung Galaxy Tabs, and 1 iPad.
- The laptops/tablets should only be used inside the premises of the RPAMD Library building.
- Borrowers are required to deposit their DLSHSI ID at the Multimedia Section for the entire borrowing period.
- Laptops/ tablets are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and may be checked out for a maximum of three (3) hours. The borrower may request for a two-hour extension if there is no standing request for the next hour.
- Laptops/ tablets must be returned in person 30 minutes before the Multimedia Section closes regardless of the amount of time left on the loan. Users shall be required to wait so staff can verify the borrowed device.
- Late return of laptops/ tablets is subject to a fine of Php 50.00 per hour. Failure to return the op device before the Multimedia Section closes is subject to an additional fine of Php 100.00 per day and holding of his/her borrowing privileges for a month.
- Users may borrow only one (1) laptop or tablet at a time.
- Holds and reservations of laptops/ tablets are not allowed.
- Users may not add, delete, or change any programs/applications without the permission of the Multimedia Section librarian.
- Any files saved on the laptop shall be deleted when the laptop is rebooted or if it crashes. The library strongly urges you to save your files to a USB key, or a web-based storage site. The library shall not be responsible for recovering files saved in the devices.
- Users shall be responsible for the full replacement and repair costs if the laptop/tablet or any peripherals borrowed are lost or damaged as determined by the library.
- The Library reserves the right to decline usage to any borrower at any time.