Bridging and Enrichment Program
The DLSMHSI – Special Health Sciences Senior High School offers an opportunity for non-STEM track and non-health science-oriented students and transferees to align the skills and competencies needed for allied health sciences tertiary courses and for STEM track students to further enhance their scientific background as preparation for their undergraduate degree programs. These Bridging and Enrichment Programs shall greatly contribute to the success of our students as they begin their journey of being the future Lasallian health professionals.
- Equip incoming students with competencies and skills necessary for the respective tertiary programs they will enter;
- Inculcate in the students some important transferrable skills:
- Accustom students with policies and culture of DLSMHSI:
- Encourage students to build supportive networks among peers, faculty, staff, and administration;
Courses Offered: The program (Mid-year Term) includes the following subject/courses as these are NOT included in non-STEM curricula:
- General Biology w/ focus on Human Anatomy and Physiology
- General Chemistry
- General Physics
Also, Upon the recommendation of the college, the SHSSHS Department can also offer the following introductory subjects/courses:
- Foundations of Health Care
- Pre-Calculus and Basic Calculus
Each subject/course covers a maximum of 40 hours of direct instruction (4hours a day for 2 weeks each) that includes formative assessments, individual study periods, demonstrations, hands-on activities, and any other relevant activities.
Application Process and Procedure:
- Fill out the Application Form and Certificate of Registration at the Special Health Science Senior High School Department located at Room 5404, 4th Floor of Lourdes E. Campos, MD Bldg.
- Pay the necessary fees at the Cashier’s Office located at Wang Bldg., Basement.
- Proceed to The Registrar located at Wang Bldg., Ground Floor for ID picture (for temporary ID).
- Return the Certificate of Registration to the Special Health Science Senior High School Department.