Christmas message of the Vice Chancellor for Academics
December 24, 2021 | 8:09 pm
“Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox;
that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.”
– G.K. Chesterton
We, Lasallians, have proven our deep sense of faith in God, our indefatigable resiliency, our enormous level of optimism, our unquestionable unity, support and compassion for one another, and our selfless love for our students, colleagues and for all other members of our Foundation. Everything has happened for reasons. Despite the challenges and all the stumbling blocks, we have never sacrificed our true identity, our meaning, our purpose. We have strengthened our mission of teaching minds, touching hearts and transforming lives of the people entrusted to our care.
In the midst of challenges and uncertainties, we have stood by our students, our employees and our stakeholders. We have continued to provide our students a very responsive hybrid education in a very challenging and unpredictable environment. As we have always been emphasizing, learning continues for learning knows no boundaries. We have proven our love for our employees. Despite the crisis, we have made sure no one would be left behind. We have kept our people, we have protected them from the bluster of this pandemic, from unemployment, from all uncertainties. We thank God and our Foundation for we still have the best jobs the world can offer. While working on how we can better serve our students and employees, we have never forgotten our partner communities, our affiliating hospitals and industries, our alumni, our dear parents and guardians, and those who believe in the kind of education and health care services we give to our people.
Through our collective sacrifices and love for our Foundation, we have witnessed the beauty of life, the value of our work and the love of everyone which keeps us moving, staying, hoping, dreaming, and fighting for our families, for our loved ones, for our friends and colleagues, and for those who believe in us and for those who continue to trust us.
Despite the blow of COVID-19 pandemic, still, this year has been a year of hope, positivity, opportunity, success, and love. We have overwhelmingly surpassed our enrollment targets for 7 consecutive years already, we have successfully passed the ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance (AUN-QA) certification, we have boldly nailed the different licensure examinations and emerged as one of the top performing schools in the country, we have continued to provide scholarship benefits to 643 of our students this school year, we have been included in the Top 25 Schools in the Philippines in terms of Research Productivity according to SCOPUS, we are one of the few schools which has been issued permits for the limited face to face classes, we have ranked 1 among 54 universities nationwide in the 2021 PAMET-PASMETH Inter-School Medtech Quiz Show, and among others.
Together and by association, let us always pray for our beloved Foundation, the De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute, Br. Gus L. Boquer, FSC, EdD, our Brother President who celebrated his 60th anniversary as a Lasallian Brother, the DLSMHSI students, academic teaching faculty, academic service faculty, non-teaching personnel, administrators, our other employees and partners, alumni, and stakeholders.
Let us celebrate this Christmas 2021 with more love in our hearts, more compassion and care for others, more hope and more positivity, and more reasons to be happy and to be thankful for.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to all! Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.
For and on behalf of the Academics:
Dr. Johnny O. Cabanias
VCA holds mid-year review of strategic plans
- Performance in licensure examination of Medicine and Biochemistry alumni
- Preparation of BSN and BSPT for PAASCU accreditation in May 2022 and other programs for future accreditations; Application of select programs for Center of Excellence, Center for Development, Center for Simulation and AUN-QA certification
- Scholarship grants awarded to Academic Teaching Faculty; Preparation for Financial Management Seminar; Conduct of Research Productivity Series to Academic Teaching and Service Faculty
- Implementation of the institutional Learning Management System; Construction of buildings and continuing campus development programs
- Implementation of student development programs including vaccination; Continuous scholarship grants despite the pandemic
- Proposals for new undergraduate and graduate programs; Strengthening of partnerships and linkages with ASEAN embassies, foreign educational institutions and other legitimate agencies
- Conduct of curriculum review of the Colleges
- “Heroes Program” partnership with City of Dasmarinas
- Compliance to quality assurance measures such as Customer Feedback, Plantilla and Syllabi Review, Performance Evaluation for Academic Administrators, Academic Teaching Faculty and Academic Service Faculty, Accreditation, Certification and Assessment
- Conduct of continuing professional education programs
- Involvement of Academics in Environmental, Safety and Health Committee Charter
- Curriculum-based social action programs and research-supported outreach initiatives
ManCom approves the Teaching Certificate Program
DLSMHSI posts outstanding performances in recent licensure examinations
- Mhikel Francesca C. Lacanilao, RN – Top 7, 87.20%
- Bianca Sophia V. Luna, RN – Top 8, 87%
- Yuga Arcilla Sato, PTRP, Top 8, 87.50%
- Kim Patrick Litam Chan, PTRP – Top 10, 87.30%
September 30, 2021 | 3:34 pm