- The College of Medical Laboratory Science (CMLS) follows the Institutional Policies,Procedures, and Guidelines set by the Lasallian Access and Success Office with regard to the admission of students in the undergraduate programs of De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (DLSMHSI).
- For foreign applicants, other requirements are subjected to the guidelines set by the Commission on Higher Education and Office of the Registrar. Furthermore, the College implements general criteria for admission, promotion, retention, and disqualification of students applicable to all levels.
- The Applicant was not dismissed from other school or college for any disciplinary reasons.
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO THE MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE PROGRAM
The following are the additional criteria for admission to the Medical Laboratory Science program:
- Should have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 85.00% for high school graduates and a grade of at least 80.00% in English and Science subjects in Grade 12;
- Should have GWA of at least 85.00% or its numerical equivalent and no failed marks in any core and professional courses previously taken from other institutions for shiftees, transferees, and second course takers. Crediting of subjects taken previously from other institution may be done subject to the evaluation of the designated Advising Faculty and upon approval of the College Dean. The College reserves its right to deny giving credit especially if the grade is not obtained from a recognized and reputable institution and if the course description does not match with that of the existing curricula of the DLSMHSI – CMLS program. Moreover, the College does not accept transferee or shiftee in the Third and Fourth-Year level;
- Should pass the interview from the College Dean; and
- Should have submitted the CMLS Implementing Rules and Regulations Conforme Sheet duly signed by students and parents/guardians and notarized.
PROBATIONARY STATUS FROM THE PROGRAM
- A student will be placed in probationary status in case of failure in any course ONCE provided that it does not exceed 60% of the total number of units enrolled.
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE PROGRAM
- Failure in any course during the probationary period;
- Failure in the same course TWICE in first, second and third year levels;
- Failure of 60% or more of the total number of units enrolled;
- Submission of false credentials for admission;