The College of Nursing of De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute aims to develop a community-oriented, Christian professional nurse who is caring, committed, confident, competent, compassionate and prepared to function as a generalist at the first level of nursing practice; can communicate effectively with members of the health team; has developed responsiveness to national and global concerns; assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth; and initiates nursing research towards the upliftment of the quality of the nursing profession in the Philippines.
To attain the above-mentioned curricular aims, the Lasallian professional nurse shall demonstrate the ability to:
- exhibit Christian values and principles in daily living in spite of the continuous changes in society,
- respond to the needs and concerns of the individual, families, communities, the country and the world as a Christian Filipino in accordance with existing ethico-legal and moral principles,
- take care of clients across the life span utilizing the nursing process at a beginning professional competency in collaboration with the members of the health team,
- communicate by oral and written means to the health team in any professional competency,
- seek lifelong teaching and learning so as to grow personally and professionally,
- exemplify leadership skills in the care of the clients, groups, families and communities, and
- conduct and utilize nursing research in the practice of the profession.