ADMISSION, PROMOTION AND RETENTION, AND PROBATION AND DISQUALIFICATION POLICIES
The admission, promotion and continued stay of all applicants accepted to the DLSHSI-CRS PT/OT/SLP programs are subject to the Admission, Promotion and Retention, and Probation and Disqualification Policies of the Institute and the College. Additional requirements are given to foreign applicants admitted in the Institution subject to the guidelines issued by the Office of the Registrar and the Commission on Higher Education.
COLLEGE ADMISSION POLICIES
- Acceptance into the FIRST and THIRD year is based on a straight ranking of all qualified applicants.
- Acceptance into the first or second year of the PT/OT/SLP programs do not guarantee admission to third year.
- Acceptance into the third year, or fifth year of the PT/OT/SLP programs do not guarantee graduation from DLSHSI-CRS.
COLLEGE PROMOTION AND RETENTION POLICIES
To be eligible for promotion to the next level in the PT/OT/SLP programs, students must:
- Must be cleared in all pre-requisite subjects
- Have no grade lower than 80 in any subject
- Have a cumulative GWA of 85 or higher
PROBATION AND DISQUALIFICATION
The College implements the following set of criteria for probation and immediate disqualification in the PT/OT/SLP programs across all year levels:
- Students with failed grades, grades below 80 or a GWA lower than 85 at the end of the semester shall be given academic probation for the following semester.
- Students with a record of any disciplinary offense may be given disciplinary probation for the following semester.
- The probationary status of a student may only be lifted upon compliance with the grade, GWA, and after satisfactorily serving the sanction for any given behavioral offense at the end of a semester.
- Failing the same subject twice or failure to meet the grade and GWA requirements after a semester of probation will result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Membership in any fraternity, sorority or unauthorized organization
- Submission of false credentials and/or deception falsification of documents
- Dismissal or termination from other schools or colleges for academic or disciplinary reasons
PROMOTION TO THIRD YEAR PT/OT/SLP:
The following are additional requirements for promotion to third year in the PT/ OT/SLP programs:
- A score of 80 in the Qualifying Exam English Exam (i.e. reading, writing, listening and speaking) Interview
- English Exam and completion of the ESEP (if required)
- Must undergo psychological exam
- Must have no minor or major disciplinary record from the Office of Student Services
- Should pass the interview of the CRS Admissions Committee
PROMOTION TO FIFTH YEAR
- BSPTOTSLP Curriculum including the thesis requirement
- Should have passed the physical examination of the institution including the psychological test
- Submitted the conforme sheet regarding the Internship Policies duly signed and notarized
- Completed the collegiate clearance requirement for 4th year (endorsed by the chair approved by the program director)
- Not subject to immediate disqualification as per the general criteria previously given