COLLEGE OF MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE OBJECTIVES
At the end of the program, the graduates of Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science shall have:
- Developed the knowledge, skills, and professional attitude in the performance of clinical laboratory procedures needed to help the physician in the proper diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of diseases.
- Developed critical thinking skills in Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science.
- Appreciated the need for research and community-related activities.
- Participated in activities related to promoting the profession and actively engage in lifelong learning activities.
- Developed collaborative and leadership qualities.
PROGRAM INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate technical competence in the performance of clinical laboratory tests in aid of diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases vis-à-vis biosafety and waste management;
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the workplace;
- Contribute in the collection, analysis and projection of health information for improving the health care management system;
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship skills in areas related to Medical Technology/ Medical Laboratory Science practice;
- Demonstrate inter-personal skills, leadership qualities and ethical practice of the profession;
- Demonstrate research skills in relevant areas of Med Tech practice;
- Engage in community-oriented activities;
- Engage in lifelong learning activities; and
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.