At the De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (DLSMHSI), we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the individuals that we interact with on a daily basis as we conduct our operations to become a world class, God-centered health institution committed to achieving the highest quality of life and equity in health for all the people. DLSMHSI respects your right to privacy and aims to comply with the requirements of all relevant privacy and data protection laws, particularly the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) also known as RA 10173.
Information we collect
- browser type
- date and time of connection
- length of visits to certain pages
- operating system
- pages viewed/searched for
- page response time
- time zone setting/general location
- service provider
Personal information for third-party cookies are aggregated and anonymized. You may prevent the placement and storage of cookies by your browser settings by downloading and installing the free Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The information gathered above does not identify you personally, but rather, identifies the computer, the operating system that you are using and the length of time spent on each page and may even identify your general location.
The DLSMHSI computers that serve our site keep a minimum set of system logs that allow us to tune and protect the service and to determine general usage patterns. We do not keep the information any longer than necessary to meet these objectives.
Processing and use of the collected personal data
The collected data may be used in the following manner:
- Assist in visualizing visitors interaction with the site thru providing information about the areas visited, time spent and any issues encountered, such as error messages.
- Assist in improving the design and content of the website.
- Assist in troubleshooting tasks and inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining the safety and security of the site and its visitors or users.
- Assist in determining demographic information on the usage of the site.
- Assist in enforcing regulatory requirements or claims that would govern both the visitor and the site with respect to the information provided as well as its stated purpose.
- Assist in communicating to the visitor the services provided by DLSMHSI.
- Assist in limiting access to internal areas of the website.
Transfer and sharing of collected information
DLSMHSI may share the collected information for the following cases or scenarios:
- When DLSMHSI is required to do so by law or if such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims.
- For maintaining the safety and security of the information collected as well as that of the data subject.
- When interacting with third-party service providers that may host or support our services and maintain databases. In such cases, the service and its provider will be subject to written agreements between DLSMHSI and the provider, in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012. These written agreements or contracts will include the rights and obligations of each party and will include requirements for the third party to provide adequate security measures to safeguard the information as well as detailed scope of work to limit the use of the information only upon proper approval and consent.
Security of collected information
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data that is collected; organizational, administrative, and technical processes and procedures are put in place to safeguard the collected information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Retention of collected information
Personal information of other individuals
Personal information of minors
The services on this site are generally intended for persons 18 years of age and older. In the event that information to be collected by or contributed to DLSMHSI is that of a minor, prior consent from the parent or legal guardian should be obtained in compliance with RA10173.
Rights of the data subject
[Source: RA 10173 https://privacy.gov.ph/data-privacy-act/]
As the Data Subject, you are afforded the following rights as provided for in RA 10173 :
- The right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you shall be, are being or have been processed.
- The right to be furnished with the information before the entry of your personal information into the processing system of the personal information controller.
- The right to reasonable access to your information upon demand.
- The right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller corrects it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
- The right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from the personal information controller’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- The right to be indemnified for any damages you sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
- The right to data portability thru the ability to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for further use by you.
- The right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
Complaints, concerns, or questions:
For any complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the collection and use of your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact or visit us at:
Room 8109, Upper Ground Floor, Wang Building
De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute
City of Dasmariñas, Cavite, Philippines
Landline : +(63-2)8988 3100; +(63-46)481 8000 local 1464