Vice Chancellor for Academics Juanito O. Cabanias, LPT, PhD presented the Academics’ theme for SY2022-2023 during its Strategic Planning held on February 22, 2022 at the Learning Commons of the Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Library. Taking cue from the 2021 theme Posible, the 2022 theme is POp UP 2022. Possibilities & Opportunities: Upscaling Academics. Performing at its Best.
10 Academic strategies are categorized into two (2) sub-themes.
- Possibilities – These are the chances, avenues, and potentialities which Academics would hold on to, contain with and capitalize on, as best as it could in the Year 2022, guided and supported by the Strategies which would realize the Service and Institute’s Key Result Areas: Licensure Examinations, Enrollment and Creative Initiatives in response to the new normal, and in compliance with the quality standards and practices geared towards Excellence.
- Opportunities – This is the set of circumstances, situations, conditions which makes it possible to translate challenges into attainable goals relevant to the direction of Academics in the Year 2022 in bringing together all the concrete strategies and measures towards the fulfillment and realization of its Key Result Areas anchored on the Vision-Mission-Values of the Institute.
The tactical and operational measures and budgets of the Colleges and Academics Services shall be anchored on the 2022 Academic strategies to meet the goals of Academics for SY 2022-2023.
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academics receives donation from AMSPEC
The Amalgamated Specialties Corporation (AMSPEC) donated 120 sets of Crayola Takenote Highlighters for select scholars of the College of Medicine on January 31, 2022. AMSPEC manufactures and distributes stationeries and writing implements, including Crayola products. The Lasallian Admission and Scholarship Opportunities (LASO) is now working on the distribution of the said items.
DLSMHSI breaks ground for the RPAMDAFSC Learning Commons Expansion
The construction of the Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Library Learning Commons Expansion was officially set through the groundbreaking ceremony held on February 14, 2022, 10:00am. Attended by President Br. Gus Boquer, Chancellor Dr. Antonio B. Ramos, Vice Chancellor for Academics Dr. Juanito O. Cabanias, Academic Deans and Directors, Administrators, Academic Teaching and Service Faculty and Non-Teaching Personnel, the event marked the start of the construction of one of the newest and exciting learning structures to dot the campus grounds rising beside the RPAMDAFSC Library Building. Rev. Fr. Daniel Polzer led the said blessing and prayer for the protection and success of the project before the DLSMHSI Administrators lowered the time capsule containing the building plans and the newspaper of the day, making another milestone in DLSMHSI history.
The expansion involves a 350-square meter 4-storey building which shall be completed in phases. Phases 1 and 2 shall now commence with the construction of the first floor with a high ceiling which goes as high as the 2nd floor of the main Library building and the second floor which connects to the 3rd floor of the main Library building. The building is expected to be finished in 120 days in time for the opening of SY 2022-2023.
DLSMHSI receives the ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance (AUN-QA) official certification
The official certification for the successful AUN-QA programme assessment for Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, and Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology has been released, with an original approval date of September 6, 2021 and valid until September 5, 2026.
Congratulations to the College of Nursing, College of Medical Imaging and Therapy, Dr. Mariano Que College of Pharmacy, Academic Quality Management, and Team Academics for this landmark certification.
Dr. Victor Mendoza receives the 3rd Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Professorial Chair Lecture Award
DLSMHSI College of Medicine conferred the 3rd Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Professorial Chair Lecture Award to Victor L. Mendoza, MD, FPCP, FPCC for his significant contributions in medicine, education and research. He is a Fellow of the Philippine College of Physicians and Philippine Heart Association. He held administrative positions in the College of Medicine and De La Salle University Medical Center and was elected in national organizations and associations. He has also published a number of researches in Scopus-indexed journals.
The awarding was held on February 9, 2022, with Dr. Mendoza delivering a lecture on “The Role of Health Economic Evaluation in Health Technology”.
Congratulations, Dr. Mendoza!
Academics sets its Research Directions
Vice Chancellor for Academics Dr. Juanito O. Cabanias met with the Academic Deans, Directors, Vice Deans, Program Directors, Chairs and Administrators of Research on February 14, 2022 to discuss the strategic directions of Academics in terms of research and to foster a dialogue between Academics and Research on how the two (2) Services can mutually support one another to realize the said strategic directions.
The agenda included the current research and publication productivity of Academic Teaching and Service Faculty, enabling factors to encourage research productivity, strengthening of collaboration and partnership with Academics and Research and the suggestions and recommendations of Academics and Research to develop research productivity in DLSMHSI.
RPAMDAFSC Library celebrates Collab-rary 2022
The Romeo P. Ariniego, MD, AFSC Library celebrated Collab-rary 2022 in February 2022 with the theme ““Library and Learning in the Digital Environment
”. This month-long program aimed to create partnerships and user engagements among members of DLSMHSI through a variety of webinars, virtual events, online quiz and social media activities to support learning in a digital environment. The DLSMHSI community was invited to participate in the following activities:
- Webinar 1: Expanding knowledge about MS Teams and OneDrive on February 11, 2022, 10:00am. Mr. Joshiko Velasco from CIETI guided the participants on how to maximize Office 365, specifically MS Teams and OneDrive. Partners: CIAAE, CIETI
- Groundbreaking of Learning Commons Expansion on February 14, 2022, 10:00am with virtual steaming via Zoom Webinar. The construction of the 4-storey Learning Commons Expansion officially started with the groundbreaking ceremony.
- Webinar 2: Kanlungan: The Arts as Safe Space in a Post-pandemic World on February 18, 2022, 10:00am. Famed Filipino Asian Modern and Contemporary artist Elmer Borlongan talked about the power of art as a medium to help cope with the challenges brought about by the global health crisis. Partner: CHSS
- Webinar 3/Research Productivity Series 4: Putting Your Research Out in the Open: Guiding Researchers in Publishing Through Metrics on February 19, 2022, 9:00am. Mr. Johan Jang from Elsevier presented the different publication metrics and discussed how these can affect the decision-making of the researchers in publishing. Partner: Elsevier
- Webinar 4: Get Creative with Canva on February 22, 2022, 10:00am. Mr. Jonathan Padua from CEITI and Mr. John Roland Bautista from RPAMDAFSC Library shared their knowledge on how to create quick graphic designs using Canva. Partner: CIETI
- RPAMDAFSC Gallery virtual exhibition launch of Siyete KaRA: A Second Look on February 28, 2022, 2:00pm. Siyete KaRA: A Second Look takes a fresh perspective by capturing Dr. Ariniego’s passion and excellence into a different medium – digital art.
- Elsevier Online Quiz 2022 on February 1-28, 2022. The online quiz features select resources from ScienceDirect and participants stand a chance to win premium Elsevier merchandise!
DLSMHSI holds 5th International Conference on Health Sciences Pedagogy
The 5th International Conference on Health Sciences Pedagogy with the theme “Re-imagining Health Sciences Teaching-Learning Activities and Spaces in the New Normal” was held on February 23, 2022, 9:00am PST via Zoom Webinar. This year’s conference focused on the best practices in conducting teaching-learning activities and faculty readiness to re-open the campus for face to face classes during the new normal.
Ms. Patricia Baez and Ms. Rosa Benavides from Universidad La Salle Victoria, Ciudad Victoria, Mexico were invited to share their experiences in the physical, psychological and psycho pedagogical support that Universidad La Salle Victoria provided to its students, faculty and staff when they implemented face to face classes during the pandemic in the talk “Education without borders: Sharing experiences from La Salle Victoria”.
The conference was participated in by 435 unique viewers.